Covid19 information for business
During this trying time, we are endeavoring to compile the latest updates for our industry. We encourage you to review and refer to the key state and federal government sites. Please call our office if you are looking for other information.
The COVIDSafe app speeds up contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). This helps us support and protect you, your friends and family.
This site will link you to the latest Coronavirus news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia
The Australian Government is supporting Australian businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees. Assistance includes cash flow support to businesses and temporary measures to provide relief for financially distressed businesses.
The Victorian Government has announced the gradual easing of restrictions throughout the state from 11:59pm Sunday 31 May 2020.
GETTING COVID READY….
Hospitality guidelines and resources Resuming service from 1 June
Visit the Hospitality Industry Guidelines for coronavirus (COVID-19) page to download a copy of the Guidelines
along with checklists, fact sheets, signage and posters to help your business safely reopen.
View the Reopening of cafes, restaurants and other food and drink facilities FAQs.
Guidelines and resources to assist cafes, restaurants and other food and drink facilities to reopen
- Resuming service from 1 June
- Hospitality checklists and factsheets to support a safe reopening
- Signage to display at your venue
GUIDING STEPS FOR RE-OPENING
To get tourism operators ready to open their doors, as restrictions ease, VTIC has developed some Guiding Steps for the Victorian Tourism Industry. These principles will assist you in developing your restart plan, keeping customers and staff safe.
This document also includes some useful resources to help you in the planning process.
COVID CLEAN ONLINE TRAINING
The Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC), in partnership with VTIC, has developed a COVID-Clean online training module. Available to tourism businesses through the national Quality Tourism Framework platform, COVID Clean will provide core base-practices that businesses can employ to prepare to open and operate safely within the current environment.
Key State and Federal Government sites:
Prime Minister updates Victorian Restriction Levels Department of Health Updates
ATO Support & Resources Business Support & Resources Consumer Affairs advice
- affected by COVID-19? COVID-19 and your rights
- Information about JobKeeper Payment
- Support for individuals and employees
- Support for businesses and employers
Tourism Industry Resources
Tourism Australia Visit Victoria VTIC
If your not in the Tourism Space – VCCI also has the FREE membership offer.
Industry Association Resources
Australia Tourism Export Council (ATEC)
Build Back Better Webinars & Road to Recovery Tourism Tutorials brought to you by ATEC
There has never been a better time to work on our businesses! Getting ready for people to start traveling again is key to ensuring your business is set up for future success and ATEC is here to help you! The series involves 2 parts;
- Build Back Better Webinars (BBB) – ATEC will continue to deliver our webinar leadership series where members can gain insights from our panelists as they discuss a range of industry-relevant topics & challenges we are all facing.
- Road to Recovery Tourism Tutorials (R2R) – a 36-week program designed to provide our industry with all the necessary tools in order to be ready for the bounce back. The Road to Recovery Tourism Tutorials are just 45 mins, are free of charge, and will be hosted every Thursday at 2 pm (AEST).
Wellness for You and Your Staff
Support for You and Your Workers – Look after your physical and mental health
Ensuring the mental health and wellbeing of workers who may be concerned about coronavirus.
- Mental Health It is normal to feel anxious or physically, mentally and emotionally unwell after a distressing or frightening event. Support is available from Lifeline (13 11 14) or Beyond Blue (1300 22 4636)
- Head to Health website for mental health online and phone support, resources and treatment options. Website: https://headtohealth.gov.au/
Coronavirus Health Information Line (seeking information on novel coronavirus. Phone: 1800 020 080
Healthdirect Hotline (to speak to a registered nurse about health concerns): Phone 1800 022 222
World Health Organisation (WHO) online training www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/training/online-training
WorkSafe Victoria is working as part of a whole-of-government approach to mitigate the risk of Coronavirus in Victoria. Here is the safety alert and guidance on preparing for pandemics, which includes information on managing the direct risks of infection from WorkSafe
Contact your bank for financial hardship assistance
Work my Own Way – free online training
The Work My Own Way program has a number of activities including coaching, workshops and meetups. All of these activities are standalone, meaning that you don’t have to commit to a full program.
Instead you can pick which activities you want to participate in and stack these together to create your own program tailored to your individual journey.
Working on your Business – thoughts and ideas
To empower tourism businesses in this challenging period, six recommended marketing strategies are explored, providing links to Tourism Tribe resources that will enable the reader to take action and learn more about the topic
Destination Phillip Island Team
Please feel free to contact our team if you have any questions or need additional support.
Subscribe to our eNewsletters for local industry