Partnership Package 2020/21
The 2020/21 Tourism Recovery Partnership Package offer
Our tourism industry has experienced an unprecedented impact from various events this year. As we now emerge and industry slowly reopens in accordance to the regulations, together we will embark on a journey to rebuild our visitor economy in the region, across the State and the Country.
In the past months, we have been providing advice to government and industry Associations on the impact in the region. We have drafted our initial marketing response for the next few months and will continue to advocate for recovery initiatives for our industry. Bass Coast Shire Council have issued the Business Recovery Grants and a number of business charge concessions
To support our local businesses who deliver the visitor experience in the Phillip Island/ San Remo surrounds we are providing a tourism recovery package to support your presence online and connect you to industry initiatives throughout the year.
This package will be 100% fully subsidised and is financially supported by:
• Destination Phillip Island Regional Tourism Board
• Bass Coast Shire Council Visitor Information Centre Network
• Visit Victoria / State Government of Victoria
The 2020/21 Partnership Base Package offer :
- Listings are valid 30 June 2021
- Business listing on visitphillipisland.com.au
- Business listing on visitbasscoast.com.au
- + industry support, opportunities and communications
- 12 month ATDW (Australia Tourism Data Warehouse) listing*
- Free brochure (DL) display at Newhaven Visitor Information center
NEW Partners will have the opportunity to display brochures at the Visitor Information centers, FREE of charge and exciting partners will continue to receive this service free of charge until the 30th June 2021.
*ATDW offer ends January 31 2021, for more information on ATDW Listings
HOW TO REGISTER A NEW BUSINESS
We welcome new businesses to register for the tourism recovery package
- Fill in the REGISTRATION FORM to register for the Support Package
- Prepare a description of your business – 2-3 short paragraphs at a maximum of 200 words.
- Collect FOUR to FIVE high-quality images to showcase your business. Images need to be in landscape orientation and a minimum size of 2048 x 1536 pixels
Once we receive your form we will contact you for your business description and images. We will then supply you with a coupon code to begin your NEW ATDW listing*.
*Please check your ATDW eligibility criteria.
FREE ATDW Listing for 2019/2020 Financial Partner
ATDW coupon code OFFER to 31 January 2021
If you have a current ATDW listing it has been extended for 12 months.
DONT have an ATDW listing, we will email you a COUPON CODE to create your listing. or contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you.
Contact us for more information
P: 03 5952 2729
Visitor Economy and Tourism Opportunities for local businesses
Visitor Economy: we all have a role in growing the industry
We are passionate about supporting the development of our regions Visitor Economy delivering sustainable
growth in the local economy, growing thriving businesses, local jobs and enhancing the visitor experience.
The Phillip Island and San Remo Visitor Economy future has been captured in the document Phillip Island and
San Remo Visitor Economy Strategy 2035 which identifies the key challenges and opportunities for the
Together with key partnerships, we will work towards delivering those actions, growing together and
taking our industry to a new level of visitor experience contributing to a vibrant year-round economy and
sustainable environment for the future.
WHO WE ARE?
Destination Phillip Island Regional Tourism Board
Destination Phillip Island Regional Tourism Board is the Official Regional Tourism organisation for the Phillip Island and San Remo region, with committed support from Visit Victoria and the Bass Coast Shire Council. Administered by a skill-based board with two full-time staff members. Funded by State, Local Government and Industry.
Chair- Hon John Pandazopoulos
Deputy Chair- Fergus Cameron
Secretary – Tony Holland
Treasurer – Michaela Salvato
Committee Members: Catherine Basterfield, Greg Harrison, Yann Duroselle, Cr Pamela Rothfield
Staff: General Manager – Kim Storey Tourism Development Co-Ordinator – Pauleen Boulton Digital Media – Arnika Martin
✓ To facilitate the development of infrastructure, product, services and the industry consistent with market demand and to improve the customer experience
✓ To increase visitor yield and seasonal dispersal
✓ To maximise visitor satisfaction and industry engagement
✓ To represent the Phillip Island and San Remo visitor economy industry and advocate for its positive development
• Marketing opportunities – Domestic, International and Business Events
• Website – we manage and host the Official Regional Tourism Site visitphillipisland.com which consistently ranks number 1 in organic search. Attracts 700,000 visits per year over 500,000 users and 2.4 million page views
• Social Media – we have actively built a strong social media presence which delivers local and branded promotion. Active on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter 38,000+
• Brand promotion through various mediums and public relations
• Support Media and Trade familiarisations in partnership with Visit Victoria, Tourism Australia and PR agencies who visit to share stories and experiences of the region on print, online and trade publications
• Industry development and resources – annual conference and workshops to develop skills and promote learnings to grow the region’s economy destinationphillipisland.org.au
• Advocacy and Leadership for local industry at various local, state and federal events and forums
• Representation of the industry on Local, State and Federal Governments Committees including VTIC (Victoria Tourism Industry Council), ATEC (Australian Tourism Export Council), Outdoors Victoria, ARTN (Australian Regional Tourism Network), Parks Victoria, Visit Victoria, Tourism Australia
• Event leveraging and promotion – we work with event organisers to promote the region and seek out opportunities for local businesses
• Produce monthly newsletters and share industry news via email, Facebook and forums
Phone 03 5952 2729
Visitor Information Centre network
The award winning Phillip Island and Bass Coast Visitor Information Centre Network plays a vital role in looking after visitors before, during and after their visit. Our team strives to provide the best customer service and inspiration to explore our region.
Bass Coast Shire Council owns and operates three accredited Visitor Information Centres, Phillip Island (Newhaven and Cowes) and Inverloch and an online booking service.
The VIC Network over a 12 month period:
• assisted 179,787 walk in visitors
• answered 15,563 phone calls
• website attracted 151,341 visitors
• contributed $2.25 m to the local tourism economy
• enhanced the visitor experience leading to higher spend, longer stays and return visitation.
• provide a professional accredited visitor service network across the Bass Coast including online visitor information service and booking facility
• Increase visitor numbers, length of stay and expenditure within the Shire
• enhance the visitor experience leading to higher spend, longer stays & return visitation
• provide leadership and support for local industry association’s and tourism operators
• contribute to community wellbeing.
Open daily from 9 am – 5 pm, we provide a full range of visitor services including:
• general tourism information including maps and brochures
• accommodation advice and bookings
• retail and attraction ticket sales
• provision of advertising opportunities for local business and event organisers
• industry advice, support and data collection
• free WiFi
• a range of merchandise, local produce, postcards. maps and books.
For local tourism and business association membership please contact:
Contact San Remo District Tourism and Business Association
– President Craig email: firstname.lastname@example.org