Partnership Package Opportunities 2019-2020
Registration is NOW OPEN to purchase a Partnership Package with Destination Phillip Island Regional Tourism Board and the Phillip Island Visitor Information Centres.
Our annual partnership program offers the opportunity for all businesses to get involved and contribute to
an extensive marketing and industry development program with Destination Phillip Island Regional Tourism Board and the Phillip
Island Visitor Information Centres.
We work with the State tourism agency Visit Victoria, nationally with Tourism Australia, and through our extensive strategic alliances and memberships to provide year round promotion and advocacy for the region.
Participation keeps you informed, receive invitations to industry events, promotes your business through our
digital platforms, strategic alliances and marketing campaigns.
We have three packages available for 2019/2020 and two Visitor Information Centre upgrade opportunities.
Please review our Partner Package benefits and choose one that best suits your business.
Essentials Package $185 inc GST
Premium Package $385 inc GST
Platinum Package $635 inc GST
Visitor Information Centre (VIC) upgrade opportunities
VIC Brochures – Phillip Island -$150 inc GST
VIC Premium Package – $490 inc GST
Prices are based on a financial year, renewable by 1 July each year and inclusive of GST
Code of conduct and Terms &Condition’s can be found at T&C’s
These partnership packages deliver services from the Visitor Information Centres and Destination Phillip Island Regional Tourism Board and are invoiced by Destination Phillip Island.
RENEW or REGISTER for a package here.
Contact us for more information
Destination Phillip Island
P: 03 5952 2729
Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre
Visitor Economy and Tourism Opportunities for local businesses
Visitor Economy: we all have a role in growing the industry
We are passionate about supporting the development of our regions Visitor Economy delivering sustainable
growth in the local economy, growing thriving businesses, local jobs and enhancing visitor experience.
The Phillip Island and San Remo Visitor Economy future has been captured in the document Phillip Island and
San Remo Visitor Economy Strategy 2035 which identifies the key challenges and opportunities for the
Together with key partnerships we will work towards delivering those actions, growing together and
taking our industry to a new level of visitor experience contributing to a vibrant year round economy and
sustainable environment for the future.
WHO WE ARE?
Destination Phillip Island Regional Tourism Board
Destination Phillip Island Regional Tourism Board is the Official Regional Tourism organisation for the Phillip Island and San Remo region, with committed support from Visit Victoria and the Bass Coast Shire Council. Administered by a skill based board with two full time staff members. Funded by State, Local Government and Industry.
Chair- Hon John Pandazopoulos
Deputy Chair- Fergus Cameron
Secretary – Tony Holland
Treasurer – Michaela Salvato
Committee Members: Catherine Basterfield, Greg Harrison, Yann Duroselle, Cr Pamela Rothfield
Staff: General Manager – Kim Storey and Tourism Development Co-Ordinator – Pauleen Boulton
✓ To facilitate the development of infrastructure, product, services and the industry consistent with market demand and to improve the customer experience
✓ To increase visitor yield and seasonal dispersal
✓ To maximise visitor satisfaction and industry engagement
✓ To represent the Phillip Island and San Remo visitor economy industry and advocate for its positive development
• Marketing opportunities – Domestic, International and Business Events
• Website – we manage and host the Official Regional Tourism Site visitphillipisland.com which consistently ranks number 1 in organic search. Attracts 700,000 visits per year over 500,000 users and 2.4 million page views
• Social Media – we have actively built a strong social media presence which delivers local and branded promotion. Active on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter 38,000+
• Brand promotion through various mediums and public relations
• Support Media and Trade familiarisations in partnership with Visit Victoria, Tourism Australia and PR agencies who visit to share stories and experiences of the region on print, online and trade publications
• Industry development and resources – annual conference and workshops to develop skills and promote learnings to grow the region’s economy destinationphillipisland.org.au
• Advocacy and Leadership for local industry at various local, state and federal events and forums
• Representation of the industry on Local, State and Federal Governments Committees including VTIC (Victoria Tourism Industry Council), ATEC (Australian Tourism Export Council), Outdoors Victoria, ARTN (Australian Regional Tourism Network), Parks Victoria, Visit Victoria, Tourism Australia
• Event leveraging and promotion – we work with event organisers to promote the region and seek out opportunities for local businesses
• Produce monthly newsletters and share industry news via email, Facebook and forums
Phone 03 5952 2729
Visitor Information Centre network
The award winning Phillip Island and Bass Coast Visitor Information Centre Network plays a vital role in looking after visitors before, during and after their visit. Our team strives to provide the best customer service and inspiration to explore our region.
Bass Coast Shire Council owns and operates three accredited Visitor Information Centres, Phillip Island (Newhaven and Cowes) and Inverloch and an online booking service.
The VIC Network over a 12 month period:
• assisted 179,787 walk in visitors
• answered 15,563 phone calls
• website attracted 151,341 visitors
• contributed $2.25 m to the local tourism economy
• enhanced the visitor experience leading to higher spend, longer stays and return visitation.
• provide a professional accredited visitor service network across the Bass Coast including online visitor information service and booking facility
• Increase visitor numbers, length of stay and expenditure within the Shire
• enhance the visitor experience leading to higher spend, longer stays & return visitation
• provide leadership and support for local industry association’s and tourism operators
• contribute to community wellbeing.
Open daily from 9 am – 5 pm, we provide a full range of visitor services including:
• general tourism information including maps and brochures
• accommodation advice and bookings
• retail and attraction ticket sales
• provision of advertising opportunities for local business and event organisers
• industry advice, support and data collection
• free WiFi
• a range of merchandise, local produce, postcards. maps and books.
For local tourism and business association membership please contact:
Contact San Remo District Tourism and Business Association
– President Craig email: firstname.lastname@example.org