Local event listings
Event Publicity Support
Your local Regional Tourism Boards are keen to hear about events that may provide a great reason for visitors to attend and spend time in the region. Together we can promote your event if we receive the information with a good lead time (ideally 3-6 months +) to maximise long lead media releases to travel media calendars and with quality information and imagery. In fact if you have an event and date already selected its best to get it listed with a basic overview asap, this informs other event organisers as well which may avoid clashes in calendar events.
Key Local Calendar Opportunities
Please collate the following information about your event
Date /Time / Cost / Phone Number / Website
Name of Event and description
Logo and up to 5 images to promote the event
For events in the Phillip Island/San Remo/Bass Coast region
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 5952 2729
For events in the Bass Coast mainland region
Please also email email@example.com
Events Victoria listing
You can load your event to Events Victoria for FREE
What are the benefits of listing with Events Victoria?
- A dedicated page on Events Victoria for your event
- Distribution. Load your event information once on Events Victoria and it will appear on multiple sites through the Events Victoria distribution channels and ATDW websites.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) of your website. This means your website will appear higher in Google Search results.
- Control. Create and update your listing as often as you like.
Significant events should consider creating a more detailed listing on my.visitvictoria.com/register
Event Funding Opportunities
Country Victoria Events Program Grants
Tourism Victoria is the State Government authority responsible for developing and marketing Victoria as a premium tourist destination for Australian and international travellers.
Events are an integral part of Tourism Victoria’s overall
strategy and as such, the Events Program has been designed to ensure that events continue to profile and increase visitation to the State.
Tourism Victoria recognises that there are many minor events being held in regional areas that can develop into key regional events. As part of Tourism Victoria’s Events Program, the Country Victoria Events Program (CVEP) assists with this development.
Tourism Victoria provides resources and advice to assist in the facilitation and enhancement of regional events. This program focuses on events that are able to attract, or are likely to attract in the near future, a number of intrastate and interstate visitors. For each single allocation, up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided.
• To assist ongoing tourism specific minor regional events to become self-sustaining.
• To maximise the economic and community benefits generated by these events.
• To substantially build the profile of these regional events to attract visitors from outside the local area.
• To encourage a diverse range of events to celebrate the tourism product strengths of regional Victoria.
Program has two rounds closing 1st November 2015 and 1st April 2016
Bass Coast Shire Council – Community Event Grants
The Community Grants program supports community organisations to present quality, innovative Shire-based activities which enhance the social, cultural, environmental and economic development of the community. Four rounds of Community Grants are planned to be awarded for the 2015/16 financial year.